Tuesday 5 February 2008

Sour Dough Bread

I made the starter and fermented it according to directions, mixed the dough last night and set the dough aside to prove.

I have to tell you that it smells foul; truly disgusting. It is 33 degrees in our house right now and I have to bake this loaf. I hope to god that it is edible because it smells horrid.

Eat for free challenge

I am interested in trying to set this up if anyone wants to join in.

I would love a group of us to commit to eating one meal a week sourced only from our gardens. It can be a meal for one if we have only started growing, or an entire three course meal if we are old timers at this gardening gig.

WDYT?

And how do you set it up as a group and get a nifty picture happening? LOL!

It would also tie in a bit with the growing challenge as we would be forced to grow some quick growers!

My solar oven

I haven't been able to get anything to a boil in this as yet. I think I will have to borrow the paint it black idea from one friend and the maleable tin idea from another.

1 comment:

karenmc said...

Waiting for a report on the bread ...