Sunday 28 February 2010

How to stop being scared of bees? (Nov 22 2008)

No seriously. I see a bee and I freeze.

My sister came around for a visit this morning and the first thing she said was

"Your garden is full of bees!, you don't see many bees around in Perth anymore. You need some hives. M's (her partner) sister makes hives, you're going to meet her on Xmas day. You should get hives!"

Yes, my garden is full of bees. I have worked hard to a, establish a garden attractive to bees and b, worked hard to control my fear of bees.

They go "Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz" you see. They also have a pointy end. They're like smart missiles; they lock on target and chase me around the garden.

I need help don't I!

Because to help the bees, I need to overcome my irrational fear of "Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz".



Oh, and when you figure out how to get me through that one, help me get over my fear of balloons.

1 comment:

The Crone at Wits End said...

5 Responses to “How to stop being scared of bees?”
1.Whint Says:

November 22nd, 2008 at 4:02 am e

You’ve been tagged.

1. Post the rules on your blog.
2. Write 7 random things about yourself.
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post.
4. Pass on the tag.

2.Kristen Says:

November 22nd, 2008 at 4:52 am e

She’s right - a hive could help! I became much more comfortable with bees after we lived with a hive of native trees in a stump in our garden. I even started enjoying walking outside to tell them any important family news :).

Still a bit scary when they swarm….

3.Kristen Says:

November 22nd, 2008 at 4:53 am e

Bees! Native bees in a stump…

Obviously, it would be scary seeing native trees swarming
4.Sara Says:

November 22nd, 2008 at 1:57 pm e

If you set yourself up with a beehive, all decked out with balloons, then I will raise a colony of penguins and we can get over our fears together.
riiiiiiiiiiiight.

5.naturewitch Says:

November 22nd, 2008 at 5:17 pm e

Dear One
They are the most precious little creatures. The main thing is to where white when you are disturbing them. The only time I got stung was when I didn’t and I’ve played with their hive four times now.

Bee therapy - go to My Wildlife Sanctuary (Cheryl’s blog) and have a look at her pictures of bees. Really look at them. Have a look at their little legs and little antennae and cute stripey bodies. Possibly there is a homeopathic remedy that might help - how about I give you a call when I’m over my exams later this week and we can discuss? xx