Day three of the blogging challenge and I am combining it with another challenge. The title is from the 'list' and if I get through January then I will have fulfilled the title. So what have I committed to do in January?
Signed myself up for the Anti-consumerism challenge 2010. Here's my list of rules;
*No commercial presents - Homemade all the way this year This is mega important to me. Although I do already have some wooden gifts which I bought last year for my present box.
* Sourcing more food locally. A friend from Toodyay has set up a vegetable box system. They grow organic produce and deliver it to Perth. I Can't remember the exact cost, find out more, Crone.
* Get the vegetable garden producing far more than it is
* No take-away - this is why we bought thermocauldron.
* Sew all clothes needed. This includes retrofitting existing items/altering op shop finds. First on the list are sewing those damn knickers!
* Reducing use of car - walk to school and shops. An organic shop is within walking distance from me!
* Menu Planning - I suggest other people do this, why do I forget to do it myself?
* Getting out and meeting up with more like minded people! This is my huge downfall. I stay home, get depressed, online shop/eat crap. This is something that has happened since July last year and something I want to change ASAP.
I know that the challenge is for the whole of 2010 but I want to take baby steps and start/finish month by month. I will feel bloody awesome if I can get to Jan 31st and stayed on the path!
For me, achieving this will prove to me that I do have amazing super powers :)