Monday 1 March 2010

Overdosing on dough (Feb 26 2009)

And realising the exceptional versatility of the Artisan bread in five minutes master dough! For the last two days I have been making English muffins; take some of your dough, roll it out to about 2cm's thickness and use an egg poacher to cut the right size. Cook in a frying pan on low until golden on one side, then turn.



I'm also feeling positively like the cat that got the cream today ;) I made clotted cream!

Bung your cream (I use pure non gelatined cream) into a double boiler for an hour without stirring. Pop into the fridge overnight and the next morning you have the thickest yummiest cream ever!

I will add in the pics tonight when The Teen gets back (I keep doing all of these drafts but they never get posted because I don't know how to take pics from camera to pc)

2 comments:

The Crone at Wits End said...

4 Responses to “Overdosing on dough”
1.Em Says:

February 26th, 2009 at 5:18 pm e

Yum! to both… I really need to hunt down a copy of Artisan bread after reading you and Dani blogging. And clotted cream, mmmm

2.admin Says:

February 26th, 2009 at 5:58 pm e

I had a morning tea today of warm English Muffins with homemade strawberry jam and clotted cream; my poooooor thighs!

3.river Says:

February 27th, 2009 at 5:45 pm e

Pics from camera to PC? First find the cord that connects camera to PC. in your start menu open “my pictures” Or whatever it might be called on your computer. Connect camera and PC. In the menu on the left of the screen you should see an item reading get pictures from camera or scanner. (I hope, mine has it) Click on this, choose the camera option and follow the instructions as they pop up. When all pictures have downloaded you can choose to delete them from the camera if you wish at this stage. Disconnect the camera from the PC. now you have your pictures in your PC to do as you wish with. Unless you have a Mac, then I have no idea. I’m running on Windows XP.

The Crone at Wits End said...

Dani Says:

February 28th, 2009 at 5:50 pm e

YUm. Haven’t tried muffins yet. Must do that soon. Clotted cream is wonderful. I’ll have to try making my own soon. It sounds so easy.