I had a meltdown last night.
Just in case you think that I am all sweetness and light, hug a tree and "Oh, look at the pretty colours in your aura", let me set you straight.
I took the Tots on a playdate yesterday which resulted in a serious case of the green eyed monsters for me. We went to this house which is really really lovely; light, spacious, airy and BIG! Everything was in order, clean and dust free (Let me just say here that the daughter and the mother are really lovely too :)).
Well I came home and was confronted with the usual state of mayhem and mess which can be found at the midget house/Wit's End. Now a Taurean in a mood is not a pleasant entity. A Taurean in a jealous snit is even worse. The Teen tried to tell me that even if I had a McMansion I would still hang the walls with tapestries and burn incense. The Son constantly tells me that I have turned every garden I've ever had into the Somme.
It was a battle last night between my inner hippy and my inner materialistic bitch. The Inner Hippy won by stuffing the materialistic bitch full of curried lentils.
This brings me to a fantastic post by Naturewitch (I am blessed with very wise friends)
Ten things I am grateful for:
1. I'm alive, upright and breathing on my own steam.
2. I have a fantastic loving family around me who are all healthy.
3. I have unlimited potential.
4. I have a sense of humour.
5. I have freedom. If I want to live anywhere I can (after I convince The Husband that is)
6. I have food and the ability to buy and grow my own food.
7. As Nature Witch pointed out, I have access to fresh air and clean water
8. I have the choice to stay at home or go out to work; I am eternally grateful for that
9. I have found a group of friends who 'get' me and love me despite my odd fancies and notions
10. I have a safe roof over my head every night.
11. I can cook. Yes, I can make a sticky date pudding that will bring tears to your eyes.
So here's the challenge - what are ten things you are grateful for?
ps. Huge hugs for the friend who sent me my belated birthday gift! It arrived safely and is now being well tended.