Monday 1 March 2010

Make June Box free zone month (May 25th 2009)

The last eight weeks have seen me returning to many of my former bad habits. These habits sere so easy to get back into because it is just so convenient to reach for the phone/grab the prepared/prepackaged food and serve it up to your family.

So for me, June is the start of BFZ month; Box Free Zone. I will not purchase anything that comes in a box, be it ready made pasta, dial a pizza or microwave popcorn! Can you believe that Microwave popcorn found it’s way into our shopping trolley???? I have an airpopper and a stack of corn kernals, Husband! I do not want our children eating teflon with their snacks!

So anyone want to join me on this? It’s been so easy to fall off the wagon and I swear that 131166 was back on speed dial

2 comments:

The Crone at Wits End said...

4 Responses to “Make June BFZ month!”
1.river Says:

May 25th, 2009 at 4:16 pm e

We’ve been doing the easy food road around here too. Lately I’ve been feeling lethargic, queasy, etc, so I’ve chosen this week to get back to the cooking that requires planning, effort, VEGETABLES!! I really hate this “glued to my bed/chair, not wanting to do anything” feeling that comes from stodgy quick food.

2.Goingalittlebitferal Says:

May 25th, 2009 at 8:00 pm e

I can do this one, we’re pretty good on this most of the time. Pregnancy exempted of course!

The Crone at Wits End said...

3.EmilyB Says:

May 25th, 2009 at 9:40 pm e

This sounds like a tough challenge! My boys could not live without their weetbix or pasta….
However I will definetly try to reduce our boxed products. This challenge will make me think.

4.admin Says:

May 26th, 2009 at 7:42 am e

Emily have you thought about homemade pasta? It really leaves the boxed stuff for dead

Great to see you visiting!

GLBF: I’ve come to the conclusion that pregnancy just leaves us so exhausted that we just pick whatever sounds simple to eat at the time. If it was Elizabethan England ’simple’ would have still meant getting up at sparrow’s cough to bake a loaf of bread!

River: I’m sure that the rubbish I have been eating has actually made my all day sickness worse. Sugar seems to send me crashing and then running for a bucket. Tap water has been the worst thing though which really shocked me as I am a large water drinker normally.