Wednesday 3 October 2012

Gluten free budget woes


The eldest DD has been gluten free for about six months now.  She's dropped a heap of weight, stopped bleeding and no longer having horrific 'take me to the hospital cramps' since doing so.

This has meant that I've had to completely change our way of eating.  No more cheap and filling breads, cakes and pancakes etc.  Instead I've had to buy in all sorts of gluten free flours, nuts and other foodstuffs.  Can you believe that even commercial icecream contains wheat!  I'm just bloody thankful that I have a thermomix and the internet.  Both have made my life so much easier during this time.

I bought G a box of Pão de Q
ueijo a few months ago when she first started out on her GF journey. It cost me $5.00 for a box and they were delicious. However, I didn't like the price. I've just googled and found a really easy recipe so here goes :)








And here's the end result

No comments: