Tuesday 29 January 2008

Be careful what you wish for as the Goddess is listening!


Grrrrrrr! Gnashing of teeth and lots of rude words.

I planned to buy my very own solar oven today. I saw K's homemade one last night on her blog and muttered to myself


"Gee it would be fun to try and make one for myself"

Now who says that the Goddess doesn't listen and that she doesn't have a sense of humour! Went to the website to place my order this morning and wouldn't you know it, they have sold out of all stock!

!#$$%%^%^&^*(^!

Guess that means that I have to live up to my goal of a frugal lifestyle and bloody well attempt to make one by myself.

Off to forage for the necessary fixings; hmmmm I believe there are two types of screwdriver? You laughing your butt off yet?

UPDATE, UPDATE!

I'm testing my homemade solar oven at this very moment!


5 comments:

karenmc said...

Ask and the universe will provide! Your handy hint for the day is: You don't need a screwdriver (either sort) to work cardboard. Don't forget to post photos of the results!

goingferal(ish) said...

It's always more rewarding when you've made it yourself. Really!

Eilleen said...

Oh oh how do you make one?? Where are the instructions? I want one too!

The Crone at Wits End said...

Eilleen, there are a couple of sites with instructions on them;

http://solarcooking.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page has a lot of info and plans.

If you can get hold of the Earth Garden magazine issue 141, they have an artical which is very easy to follow with the plans.

Good luck, it's so much fun!

Karen TW said...

hello gorgeous :)