Sunday 21 February 2010

The Husband has an idea

He has recognised that I will need more growing space and his idea of a solution is

“Let’s take out the pool and then you will have enough space for at least ten more beds”

I of course want to move to the Perth Hills and have more land that way.

His idea does have merit but we do actually use the pool for seven months of the year and I have always looked at it as our emergency source of water. If we do stay here I had intended to convert it into a swimming pond set up.

So, what would you do?

1 comment:

The Crone at Wits End said...

1.molly Says:

October 5th, 2008 at 8:44 am e

I’d say “head for them thar hills” however it is not always that simple. How much travel would that lead to? Schools, work, family, friends?

Or you could always remove the pool, sell it and put the money towards underground rain water tanks and some land fill, you then have your water supplies and your growing area.

Blessings:)

2.naturewitch Says:

October 5th, 2008 at 11:01 pm e

If you can’t head for the hills, get rid of the palm trees instead. I agree with you - use the pool as a resource. Maybe one day DH will enjoy fishing there? xx

3.Nat Says:

October 6th, 2008 at 7:40 am e

I say head for the hills too! There are 2 properties bordering ours for sale as we speak (we must be terrible neighbours!) and though they’re pricey there are others nearby that aren’t so much. Come visit us Crone - you’ll forget that old pool in jiffy!

4.Cat Says:

October 6th, 2008 at 9:37 am e

I’d get rid of the pool. Pools are such a huge waste of water and energy.

Id move to the hills or the valley if they werent so far away from my mummy : )