Monday 1 March 2010

My monday morning 'Basil Fawlty' impression (Aug 31st 2009)

I hate Mondays.

The school routine kicks in again, everyone leaves the house and I’m left with the huge mess from the weekend to clean up; back on the drudgery treadmill Ms Mousey! Well today saw me doing a Basil Fawlty impression - fist up screaming at the front door

“You bastards!”

The house was clean on Friday and now it’s a demolition site again.

Sorry, were you under the impression that I like housework? Hahahahahahahaha! Oh and to top it all off, you remember that saying “A place for everything and everything in it’s place”? Well tell that to the Husband! I made a discovery this morning. Not only didn’t he put the superglue back in the lockbox for dangerous items, he left it on the kitchen shelf; LEAKING!

I now have an ornamental tube of frigging superglue stuck to the shelf.

Goddess give me bloody strength not to murder that man tonight!

3 comments:

The Crone at Wits End said...

7 Responses to “My Monday morning ‘Basil Fawlty’ impression”
1.Tara Says:

August 31st, 2009 at 10:29 am e

Oh dear. I so hear you on the weekend mess, except I’ve got 6 straight days of all kids home sick to clean up, and also have to go to work for 2 hours in the middle of the day (serious WOFT).

On the ornamental superglue, I’d suggest perhaps some nail polish remover? Or start a new trend in interior design and leave it there. Perhaps paint it a pretty colour?

Txxx

2.simply.belinda Says:

August 31st, 2009 at 11:38 am e

:-S

Good Luck.

No advise on the superglue, there has to be some type of solvent out there for it.. but it is probably going to strong enough to take most of the surface with it either way.

Kind Regards
Belinda

The Crone at Wits End said...

3.molly Says:

September 1st, 2009 at 7:53 am e

LMAO, I can just imagine it L! Men, you cant live with them and they wont let ya shoot em LOL!

4.naturewitch Says:

September 1st, 2009 at 9:56 pm e

Oh, I soooo understand. Like housework is our hobby or something. Hurumph! Maybe a strike is in order? xx

The Crone at Wits End said...

5.Lisa Says:

September 3rd, 2009 at 12:48 pm e

I once got half a key (yes half) stuck in the garage roller door lock. I tried the trick of superglue on butt end of key and holding it against the broken key lodged in the lock. It didn’t work. So locksmith was called and i watched as he removed the offending dried and hardened superglue from the lock with nail polish remover. He also managed to dislodge the broken key. So perhaps nail polish remover might do the trick for your superglue situation.

6.Emily Says:

September 7th, 2009 at 3:32 pm e

I too dislike Mondays, so much to do and never enough time before that dreaded 2:30pm trip back to school.
I agree nail polish remover might work on the super glue.

7.sandraraven15 Says:

September 9th, 2009 at 8:54 pm e

Hi! I was surfing and found your blog post… nice! I love your blog. Cheers! Sandra. R.