Monday 15 October 2012

There's nothing quite like a simple orange cake

Yesterday I was blessed and gifted with two large canvas shopping bags filled to the brim with organic homegrown oranges.  You have no idea just how juicy an orange, less than 10 minutes from the tree can taste.  Honestly, there were over 15kg's of oranges!

We gorged ourselves on fresh cut oranges and orange juice for breakfast and now I've just made the whole orange cake from the DTE forum (sorry, my phone takes the crappiest pictures).  What a way to finish up a lunch of homemade fritatta (cheese and broccoli)  and homemade sauerkraut (recipe from Wild Fermentation)



I'm going to have to make several of these cakes as they only use up one orange and we've still got at least 30 left (I like cake far more than I like marmalade :p )

No comments: